Bank smarter with
PDA mobile banking for smartphones and get involved in raffle
With TBC mobile banking you can:
In order to start using PDA mobile banking you will need to visit www.tbconline.ge from your smart phone. PDA mobile is available for everyone who uses a smartphone from Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson or any other brand.
Start using PDA mobile banking for free now!
Mobile banking service is totaly free.
It incures neither monthly fee nor higher than standard fees for transactions. However you should consider, that mobile operator may charge you for internet while using the mobile banking.
Fees for transactions done through mobile banking
- Transfers between own accounts/currency exchange (except of trasnactions from credit cards) - Free
- Transfers from credit card (Prime card, TBC Card) - Standard fees apply
- Transfersoutside of own accounts in GEL and foreign currency - Standard fees apply
- Mobile top up - Free of charge
- Utility payments - 0.5 GEL
We ensure the high level security for mobile banking using modern technologies. However, there are guidelines that users themselves should follow:
- Do not share your mobile banking Username, Password and telephone code. Do not save them on the computer, internet, mobile or any other device without password protection;
- Make sure to log out once you have finished the session in mobile banking;
- Logging in mobile banking using others' mobile phone or giving your mobile to others is not reccomended;
- Do not send confidential information via email. Bank will never ask you for your personal or security information, any password or information about your accounts;
- If you feel your security has been compromised, contact us immediately.
- If you receive a suspicious email, stating that it is from TBC Bank, please contact us immediately.
What do we do to protect you?
- Registration information is checked before it is given the authorization;
- Logging into mobile banking is secured with a username and a password, which are unique;
- Transactions outside of your own accounts are secured with additional authorisation.
For additional security:
- Note that there are three authorisation methods - basic, medium and high. The choice which one to use is fully up to you;
- Basic level of authorization uses static telephone code that does not change. One-time SMS code which is sent to your cell phone is used for medium level. One-time code generated by the token or mobile phone application is used for the highest level;
- Please note that even the basic level of authorisation ensures your safety according to the world-renowned mobile transactions security standards.
Which mobile phones are supported by PDA mobile banking?
iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, Symbian and Windows phine platforms, as well as all the rest of mobile phones with internet browser HTML 4.0 are supported by PDA mobile banking.
How to register for PDA mobile banking?
PDA Mobile banking does not require additional registration.
If you are registered for TBC Bank's internet banking service, you are automatically registered for PDA mobile banking as well. You will just need to visit www.tbconline.ge from you mobile browser.
If you are not registered for internet banking, you can register online at www.tbconline.ge or visit any of the branches.
How to login in to mobile banking?
First open the mobile browser, visit www.tbconline.ge. Then enter your internet banking user name and password.
Which Browsers are supported by PDA mobile banking?
Following browesers are supported by PDA mobile banking:
- Safari iPhone (version 5.x and newer)
- Android WebKit (versionა 2.3.x and newer)
- Opera mobile (version 12.x and newer)
- Opera mini (version 6.5 and newer)
- Nokia S60v3 browser - Nokia Browser 7.4 (Symbian Belle and newer)
- Blackberry Webkit (versionა 6.0 and newer)
If PDA mobile banking is not working properly on your browser, we advice to install Opera Mobile browser.
Which certification methods are available for for banking?
There are 3 certification methods for TBC Bank's mobile bankig - Basic, medium and high. It is up to you which method to choose and you can set the desired one from internet banking settings.
The main difference between certification methods is that static 8 digit telephone code is used in case of basic level, whereas onetime codes, generated foer each transaction, are used in cases of medium and high levels.
SMS code is used for medium level. Is is onetime code sent to your cell phone.
One time token codes are generated on token device.
Low and medium certification levels have low limits for transfers. Unlimited transfers are only available if using high level of certification.
Register online without leaving your home.
You have to register for Internet Banking in order to use Mobile banking
(+995 32) 227 27 27
Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or request a call back.
Visit a branch
Register at the nearest branch.