Social transfers for the Unemployed due to Covid-19 and for Minors under 18
Please be informed that transfers of Covid-19 unemployment benefits and benefits for minors under 18 will take place gradually, to the account you indicated on the Social Service Agency portal.
Transfer dates are determined by the Social Service Agency. Should you have any questions, please call the hotline at 1505.
Social benefits for minors under 18 will be transferred before 10 September.
If you are an SMS service user, you will receive an SMS notification upon transfer. The transfer will also show in your internet and mobile banking account.
Covid-19 unemployment benefit transfers
- Transfer dates for social benefits are determined by the Employment Agency. Transfers will be made gradually.
- Yes, you can.
- To the account you indicated on the Social Service Agency portal.
- If you are an SMS service user, you will receive an SMS notification upon transfer.
- Your social benefit can only be used for paying down your loan upon your approval.
- If you have a grace period on your loan, you will receive an SMS message from the Bank, through which you will be able to confirm your intention to pay down your loan with the social transfer. Or, you can call or visit any TBC branch.
- Yes, you will.
- If you have a grace period on your loan, you will receive an SMS message from the Bank or your Personal Banker will contact you. If you do not express your intention to use your social benefit for paying down your loan, the Bank will assume by default that you are not willing to do so. In this case, the Bank will open a special temporary account where to transfer your social benefit. You will not have to take any additional steps. The social benefit transferred to a special account will not be swept for paying down your loan.
- Yes, it will.
- You can withdraw cash transferred to your special account in a branch. You can also transfer the cash to your other account via internet/mobile banking. If you transfer it to your card account, you will be able to withdraw the money from an ATM.
Social transfers for minors under 18
- A special account is only opened if you have a loan with TBC Bank. Your social benefit will be automatically transferred to this account. Cash will not be swept from your special account to pay down your loan.
- No, a special account is not subject to the opening and monthly service fees.
- No, your special account will be closed automatically upon the completion of the social benefits programme and the balance will be transferred to your other account.
- If the social benefit amount is transferred from your special account to your other account on the loan payment due date, or if the loan payment is overdue, your social benefit will be used to pay the outstanding amount on your loan.