The following are a number of ATM safety and security tips that will protect you against different types of fraud.
- Always observe your surroundings as you approach an ATM. Do not use an ATM if you see anyone or anything suspicious;
- Using an ATM is not recommended if there is poor lighting at the ATM location;
- Do not use an ATM that looks unusual (there is an unusual/unfamiliar device affixed to it);
- When using an ATM, try to shield the keypad so that no one can see you enter your PIN;
- Do not allow anyone to "shoulder surf" – i.e. watch you enter your PIN by peering over your shoulder. Try to remember your PIN; do not write it on the reverse side of your card;
- If you plan to carry out several transactions at an ATM, make sure that cash withdrawal is done last;
- When you finish your transactions at an ATM, make sure that:
- You have your card and the cash drawn in your possession;
- Your ATM session has ended. For examples, if the following question appears on the ATM screen - WOULD YOU LIKE ANOTHER SERVICE (or DO YOU WANT ANOTHER TRANSACTION) -please press CANCEL on the keypad or NO on the right-hand side of the screen and thus end your ATM session.
In case of errors or questions about ATM services, please call us at +(995 32) 2 27 27 27