bloomberg rates and Foreign exchange terms
The best foreign exchange rates for USD/GEL currency pair in a Bloomberg trading system:
- Customer has an opportunity to make a foreign exchange transaction at the best rate among all bank rates in a Bloomberg trading system. Foreign exchange transaction can be done on working days from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm.
- Minimum and maximum requirement on Foreign exchange transaction amount, is from 20,000 (twenty thousand) GEL up to 500,000 (five hundred thousand) GEL or equivalents, in non-cash form. If transaction amount exceeds the standard range, it needs an arrangement with Treasury.
- Foreign exchange transaction should be executed by Internet Banking or "Bank-Client", and also in a bank's branches and service centers.
- Fees and commissions for this product should be discussed with Treasury.
TBC bank's Foreign exchange rates for major currency pairs in a Bloomberg trading system:
- Customer has opportunity to make a Foreign exchange transaction with TBC bank Bloomberg rates, on working days, from 10:00 to 17:00, except Saturday.
- Customer will be informed about TBC Bank's Foreign exchange rates in Bloomberg trading system, during the day, by e-mail (or Text Message).
- Minimum and maximum requirement on Foreign exchange transaction amount, is from 500,000 (five hundred thousand) GEL up to 2,000,000 (two millions) GEL or equivalents, and in non-cash form. If transaction amount exceeds the standard range, it needs an arrangement with Treasury.
- Foreign exchange transaction should be executed by Internet Banking or "Bank-Client", and also in bank's branches and Service Centers.
To see the rates, please, follow this link.
Special Forex rates
- Special Foreign exchange rates are determined individually, according to customer categories, which have a loan, keep a deposit account or use different banking products.
- Foreign exchange transaction can be done in bank's branches or by call center, without additional arrangement of rates in Treasury.
- In order to get special rates, please register for "Special Rates Schedule" by visiting our branches or by call center.
Foreign exchange hedging instruments
Hedging is a perfect way for a company to minimize or eliminate foreign exchange risk resulting from transactions in foreign currencies. When companies conduct business across borders, they must deal in foreign currencies. Companies must exchange foreign currencies for home currencies when dealing with receivables, and vice versa for payables. This is done at the current exchange rate between the two countries.
Foreign exchange risk is the risk that the exchange rate will change unfavorably before the currency is exchanged.
We offer to you tailored financial instruments, which will insure you against Foreign exchange risk and help to make an optimal decision.
For details, please see Hedging Instruments.
TBC Bank offers its clients intermediation in purchase of Georgian Lari denominated government securities (Treasury bills and Treasury notes) on the Primary market as well as sale and purchase of outstanding securities on the Secondary market (follow the link).
Clients are able to place bids via TBC Bank for participation (*) in Government Securities primary auctions that are regularly held in Bloomberg trading system.
Frequency and amount of emissions is determined by the Ministry of Finance. Detailed information on the upcoming emissions can be found here: www.mof.ge
Fee for placing bids on primary markets is 0.1% per bid (min50 GEL, max 150 GEL)
For additional details please contact TBC Bank Treasury:
Tel: + 995 032 2 27 27 28 (Direct)
Tel: + 995 032 2 27 27 27, ext. 1101,1108
Reuters Dealing Code: TBCG
Bloomberg Dealing Code: TBCG
(*) Minimum amount of a bid is GEL 1,000
Maximum amount of bids per single client cannot exceed 50% of total issue