TBC Insurance has joined the State Program of Agro-Insurance, which was launched on September 1, 2014. The project is initiated by the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia and Managed by Agriculture Projects Management Agency.
The program aims at developing the insurance market in Agri-sector, promoting agricultural activities, maintaining and stabilizing incomes for people engaged in the sector, as well as, reducing existing and potential risks for them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Cultures can be Insured
- Grains, legumes, vegetables, parsley, fruits, nuts and vines.
- The maximum allowable size of land to be insured is 5 hectares; 30 in the case of grains.
- Decomposition does not apply to the cooperative.
Insurance Offers Protection Against
- Autumn frost (citrus only)
What is the Cost of Insurance?
Within the framework of the program, the state will finance insurance premiums accordingly 50% in case of vine; 70% in all other cultures
Exceptions from Insurance
- Damage caused by deficiency in harvesting practices.
- Damage caused by uninsurable risks (rodents, insects, fungi, and other diseases)
- Deliberate damage caused by the farmer.
In Case of Insurance Event…
… Contact our 24-hour hotline.
Necessary Documents for Insurance Acquisition
Registration Document from the National Agency of Public Registry
Where can Insurance be ObtainedAt any regional TBC Bank branch in Kakheti, Shida Kartli, Qvemo Qartli, and Samtskhe-Javakheti