- Earn the highest interest on your saving
- Sell or reallocate the CD without bank approval
TBC Bank's Certificate of Deposit (CD) is a type of security representing the bank deposit; it is a bank's obligation towards the holder of the CD to fulfill all the terms and conditions incorporated in the CD.
Discount CD is sold at discount to its nominal amount and upon expiry of the term client receives the amount equal to the nominal. The difference between the nominal amount and the purchase amount is the interest earned by the client.
E.g. client wishes to purchase Discount CD at the following conditions:
- Deposit Amount (CD's Purchase Amount) – GEL 10,000
- Term - 12 Months
- Interest Rate- 8.5%
Deposit Amount at Maturity date – (Nominal Value of CD) - GEL 10,850
Interest Earned by client – (Discount) – GEL 850
The holder of the certificate has the right to sell or alienate the CD without the bank's approval
Sell Interest Rates
CD's sell Interest Rate(CD's Interest Rate + 4 %) is the rate at which the bank may repurchase the CD from the client before the expiration date.
The Bank reserves the right to refuse the option of buyback of the certificate of deposit before maturity date.
Terms and Conditions
- Type of CD interest rate: Fixed interest rate;
- Purchasing of CD is free of charge;
- Cash-out commission in GEL: 0,2 % of the CD; Cash-out commission in foreign currency: 0,6 % CD;
- Selling of CD to a third person, is charged by Bank with a commision of 0.1% of certificates nominal amount, minimum GEL 50;
- The confirming document for the holder of CD is the statement from the Bank certificate registry;
- "TBC Bank" gives to the holder of certificates, statement from certificates registry, and in addition the Bank signs a certificate selling contract with the client;
- An increase of amount on existing CD is not allowed;
- Interest accrued on CD is not subject to taxation;
- The holder of the certificate shall be entitled to sell the certificate to any person without pre-arrangement with the Bank;
- The certificate holder has the right to redeem the certificate of deposit ahead of time.
- Any payments relating to CD, shall be executed in "TBC Bank";
- Upon expiry of the term of certificate, the client is allowed to purchase new certificates;
- The holder of certificate is allowed to take out a loan from "TBC Bank" within the purchase amount of certificates, by pledging them, at certificates interest rate plus 3%.
Deposit in foreign currency:
- The deposit in the foreign currency puts the customer before significant risk.
- Currency rate fluctuation might considerably reduce the interest expressed in GEL.
Please consider that:
- Your deposit is insured under the Deposit Insurance System in compliance with the Law of Georgia on Deposit Insurance System.
- If the Main Terms of the Agreement are revised, the customer will be notified thereof via SMS no later than 2 (two) months in advance, while price increase on other financial facilities will be communicated via SMS no later than 1 (one) month in advance.
- The customer shall have the right to present a claim to the Bank in verbal, written, standardized written or electronic form
- See information useful for customers at the web-page of the National Bank of Georgia- www.nbg.gov.ge/cp and the hot line +99532 2406 406.
Deposits Insurance System
On 1 January 2018, the Bank joined the Deposit Insurance System created on the basis of the law of Georgia on the Deposit Insurance System. If an insured event occurs, funds available in the deposit/account of a deposit holder will be reimbursed by the Deposit Insurance Agency up to 15 000 GEL, while the rest of the amount will be refunded according to the applicable law. For more information, please visit LEPL Deposit Insurance Agency's website www.diagency.ge.
You can't apply online now. Please call us or visit a branch.
(+995 32) 227 27 27
Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or request a call back.
Visit a branch
Apply at the nearest branch.